If you are a true coffee enthusiast, you probably know about the Turkish coffee. This coffee variation has all the benefits of the regular coffee and more, thanks to its unique preparation method. Want to learn about all of them? Here are the benefits of Turkish coffee.
- Because you leave the coffee grounds unfiltered in the coffee, Turkish coffee has a much higher caffeine concentration than other coffees. Since caffeine is one of the best natural stimulants, drinking Turkish coffee can be one of the best ways of consuming caffeine easily and healthily. It can help your reaction time and energy levels, thus aiding athletic performance. Caffeine also helps your mental performance and concentration.
- Turkish coffee’s unfiltered preparation method also gives it higher beneficial compound levels. Turkish coffee contains more chlorogenic acids and diterpenoids, which have been shown to reduce inflammation and infection, aid heart health, and improve blood sugar, cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- Turkish coffee can protect your brain and liver. Studies show that regular coffee consumers have reduced risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease, liver dysfunction and liver cancer. Studies have also shown that drinking Turkish coffee reduces the risk of developing Parkinson’s disease.
- Turkish coffee can also protect you against diabetes and heart disease. Studies show that consuming coffee can reduce the risk of developing type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- Regular coffee consumption is also tied to reduced depression, better mental health, and reduced risk of developing prostate cancer in men and endometrial cancer in women.
- You can use Turkish coffee grounds to make amazing face and hair masks. Since it is the finest ground coffee available, it is the most efficient way of taking advantage of the beneficial compounds in the coffee for your skin and hair. It can even be applied to sensitive skins.